jueves, 18 de diciembre de 2014

I will not invest in Cuba - Cuban-American executive

I will not invest in Cuba: Cuban-American executive
Michelle Fox | @MFoxCNBC
CNBC.com

He runs his own real estate development group and sits on the board of
the Mayo Clinic and Home Depot, but Cuban-American business executive
Armando Codina has no interest in investing in Cuba now that the U.S. is
re-establishing diplomatic relations with the communist country.

"I would not invest in a place until I could feel comfortable with a
constitution, a rule of law and respect for private property," Codina,
CEO of Codina Group, told CNBC's "Power Lunch" on Wednesday.

Earlier in the day, President Barack Obama declared an end to America's
"outdated approach" to Cuba. Plans include expanding economic ties,
opening an embassy in Havana, reviewing Cuba's designation as a state
sponsor of terrorism and easing some travel restrictions.

Codina, who came to the United States from Cuba as a child as part of a
U.S.-orchestrated airlift, said he has no immediate plans to return to
his native country.

"I will go to Cuba when I can travel there with dignity and hopefully to
do some good and not look into so much to invest, [but] what I could
contribute," he said.

—The Associated Press contributed to this report

Source: I will not invest in Cuba: Cuban-American executive -
http://www.cnbc.com/id/102277877

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario